Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday Classic Conversation

This week's Classic Conversation comes from what some consider the greatest movie ever made. That's right, Point Break. So without any more delay, I present Johnny Utah and Bodhi.......


Johnny Utah: Lose something, bro?


Bodhi: Special Agent Utah. I knew I could count on you.


Johnny Utah: I've been to every city in Mexico. Came across an unclaimed piece of meat in Baja, turned out to be Rosie. Guess he picked a knife fight with somebody better. Found a passport of yours in Sumatra, missed you by about a week in Fiji. But l knew you wouldn't miss a 50-year storm, Bodhi.


Bodhi: Yeah.


Johnny Utah: Too bad. You finally get your waves and it's totally closed out.


Bodhi: Just waiting for my set.


Johnny Utah: You gotta go down. You crossed the line and people trusted you and they died.


Bodhi: Yeah, it went bad, went real bad. Life sure has a sick sense of humour, doesn't it? Still surfing?


Johnny Utah: Everyday. Come on, Bodhi. It's time to go. You know you gotta go back with me.


Bodhi: (laughs) Sorry, my friend.


Johnny Utah: Come on! (Fight ensues and ends with Johnny handcuffing his wrist to Bodhi's)


Bodhi: SHlT! NO! NO!


Johnny Utah: I told them you'd go quietly.


Bodhi: NO! You know there's no way I can handle a cage, man.


Johnny Utah: I don't care. You gotta go down. It's gotta be that way.


Bodhi: OK, man. OK. I'm screwed. I'm gonna go to jail and I'll pay, and Johnny Utah gets his guy. Right? Good for you. That's real good. You're gonna be a big hero now. But look at it, Johnny. Look at it! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, man. Just let me go out there, let me get one wave before you take me. One wave. Where am l gonna go, man? Cliffs on both side. l'm not gonna paddle to New Zealand! My whole life has been about this moment, Johnny. Come on, compadre.


Johnny Utah: Come on.


Bodhi: COME ON!


Johnny Utah: (long, dramatic pause after he lets Bodhi go) Vaya con Dios.

No comments:

Post a Comment