Wednesday, July 22, 2009

You'll Find No Originality Here

I've been out of pocket for the last two days so I've had no time to stick to my posting schedule that I haven't actually ever stuck to, which makes this post right on time with my anti-schedule and thus not late at all (if that makes any sense). And since I've had no time to post, I haven't been able to come up with a semi-original or blatantly stolen idea. That means you're about to go through a buffet line of links. Please get a new plate each time you go back and no, we do not allow take-home boxes.

-Ben Roethlisberger may love the ladies a little too much. And in a bad way. He's denying the claims and the Steelers say they are standing behind him.

-It's early, but new Mississippi State coach Dan Mullen is giving former State coaches Sylvester Croom and Jackie Sherrill some tough competition in the always popular "players arrested" category. Mullen, just seven months into his job, has had five players arrested since he took over in December, the latest of which is running back Anthony Dixon. This story is several days old now, but if you missed it, Dixon was arrested for driving under the influence and was also cited for careless driving and not having proof of insurance. To me, two things stick out here: One, he was driving a Chevy Impala. State boosters, get this man an Escalade, STAT! And two, his drink of choice for the evening was champagne. Unless King Cobra or Silver Thunder makes a brand of champagne I'm unaware of, someone needs to introduce him to finer alcoholic beverages.

-Tony Bernazard, the Mets' vice president for player development, appears to be a graduate of the illustrious Ed Orgeron School of Management. After studying under the master, Bernazard recently visited the clubhouse of the Doube-A Binghamton Mets where he took off his shirt and challenged the entire team to a fight. No word if one side of the room began screaming "Binghamton Mets" while the other side responded with "Wild Boys."

-If this lawsuit takes away any of the joy I get out of playing EA's NCAA Football game, I'm coming for you Ed O'Bannon. Mark my words, mark my words.

-SEC media days starts today. Here's the schedule if you're at home, have ESPNU and want to hear a cluster bomb of cliches. Today's lineup of Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State and Kentucky should be compelling and rich.

-J.P. Losman can no longer murder your fantasy football team in a week nine spot start. Instead, he'll murder your United Football League fantasy team for an entire season. I should also mention this is the first time I've ever heard of the United Football League.

Enjoy your Wednesday. Back on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment