Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Classic Conversation


Viper: I flew with your old man. VF-51, the Oriskany. You're a lot like he was. Only better... and worse. He was a natural heroic son of a bitch that one.


Maverick: So he DID do it right.


Viper: Yeah, he did all right. Is that why you fly the way you do? Trying to prove something? Yeah your old man did it right. What I'm about to tell you is classified and it could end my career. We were in the worst dogfight I could've dreamed of. There were bogeys like fireflies all over the sky. His F-4 was hit; he was wounded, but he could've made it back, instead he stayed in it; saved three planes before he bought it.


Maverick: How come I never heard that before?


Viper: Well that's not something the Navy tells families especially when the fight happened over the wrong line on some map.


Maverick: So you were there?


Viper: I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment