Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Yet Another Way for Me to Leave Duties Unfulfilled

When I was introduced to Twitter, I was immediately outraged. On the surface, it appeared to a version of Facebook stripped down to just status updates, which for the most part I loathe. Hey, your kids are hungry? You're tired? You just had a great day? You know who cares about that? NOT A DAMN PERSON ALIVE. If you're going to have a status, make it interesting. Like, "Gray is going out to beat up some hippies." Or "Gray is going to scissor kick the face of the next person on Facebook who announces to the free world that they're tired and going to bed." Who wouldn't enjoy reading a news feed filled with those bits of goodness?

So I assumed Twitter was going to be nothing but people telling the world (and by the way, if something is on the Internet, EVERYONE CAN READ IT. Try to keep this in mind.) what was for supper or what movie they were about to watch. I would rather choke on my own vomit than read crap like that. But, as weeks have gone by, I have finally come to realize that Twitter can be quite enjoyable to read, especially if you're reading or "following" entertaining people. It's a great way to pick up some links to good stories, get instant updates on your favorite team or, in the case of Shaquille O'Neal, find out that he just saw a plane crash at the Santa Monica Airport. Good times. Well, maybe not for the guy who just crashed the plane, but you know what I mean.

Now it almost pains me to do it, but I have started a Twitter account for the Belly of the Beast. You can find it here or on in the links section to the right. I know it sounds absurd to commit to something like this when I can barely crank out two posts a week around here. And it's probably even more absurd for me to think people give a damn about what random, quick thoughts are rattling around in my head, but I'm going to give it a shot.

I can promise you that you'll never read anything about me, like I'm about to go for a jog. That will never happen. Ever. One, because I don't jog, and two, as I said before, NO ONE GIVES A DAMN ABOUT THAT. What you will find are links to new posts on here, other links I find interesting, the previously mentioned quick thoughts I might have and links to other Twitter pages of people who are much funnier and more entertaining than I.

Check it out daily because initially I will attempt to update several times throughout the course of the day, but those good intentions probably won't last long. Which means that by Friday, I won't even remember that I have a Twitter page.

Back here on Friday with an update.

No comments:

Post a Comment